Ditch those boring ham sandwiches at lunchtime and opt for these healthy and flavorful Chipotle Chicken Guacamole Pinwheels instead. This bento box lunch will be the envy of the office!
I live in Southern Arizona, and by the time you read this, my children will have already started their new year of school. Yay, us! As a busy mom of four children aged high school to preschool, I need my morning routine to be as simple as possible. For me, this includes simplifying lunch time prep. One of the ways I do this is by preparing as much as I can the night before, with the additional help of a simple plastic Bento-like lunch container. You can pick one of these up pretty much anywhere. The idea behind this type of box is to help you create lunches that your kids will actually eat!
Chipotle Chicken Guacamole Pinwheels Bento Box
Today I am excited to share with you a recipe for one of my children’s favorite lunch time entrées; Chipotle Chicken Guacamole Pinwheels. Even my picky four year old enjoys this one. The best part is you can make these pinwheels the night before, pop them in a lunch container, and store your already prepped lunch in the fridge. Why worry about making lunches during the morning time rush? Winning, right?! Plus, making these pinwheels is super simple and will take you about 10 minutes.
- 1 package of flat bread or tortillas
- Precooked bacon strips
- 1 small tub of guacamole
- 1 package of your favorite brand of lunch meat (I used chipotle chicken)
- Your favorite leafy greens
- 1 package of pre-sliced white cheese, like provolone
- Lay the tortilla or flat bread out on a cutting board. This will make slicing at the end easier.
- Apply a thin layer of guacamole across the entire surface of your tortilla.
- Layer your cheese across the entire top of the guacamole.
- Cover the cheese with a layer of your packaged pre-sliced chicken.
- Place about 3 slices of bacon lengthwise on top of the chicken.
- Now, divvy out the greens in a nice, even layer.
- Roll up the tortilla and cut your pinwheels out. I could get about 6 pinwheels from each roll. That means I made 2 complete rolls to get enough to make 4 lunches.
Home Chef Tip: If your children aren't fans of guacamole, you can substitute it for a layer of ranch or their favorite salad dressing or condiment.
Last, but not least, pop those delicious pinwheels into your child’s lunch container with their favorite sides and you’re all done! Each of my containers has a different colored lid so my children just grab their box out of the fridge in the morning, and they are good to go.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and good luck with your back to school routine!
We hope you enjoy these Chipotle Chicken Guacamole Pinwheels from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jen from Jenerally Informed, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Sandwich Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!