Looking for a budget meal that everyone will love? This Loaded Egg Salad is a deli-style meal that’s the perfect picnic food! Ready in 30 minutes, this comfort food is loaded with eggs, celery, and surprise ingredients that give it a crunch and flavor like no traditional egg salad you’ve ever tried!
Summer reminds me of a lot of things like BBQs, pools, street festivals, and my mom’s egg salad. It’s something I grew up eating as a kid and I had a serious craving for it this past weekend. We were having friends over for a BBQ and I wanted to make a comforting dish. But who wants to break the bank, right? This egg salad fits all those requirements.
Not y0ur traditional egg salad recipe!
This loaded egg salad has really affordable ingredients like eggs, celery, mayonnaise, onion, and a few other surprise ingredients. Everything you can find at any grocery store. It’s pretty simple!
This recipe is one my mom always made growing up, but it’s a little twist on the traditional recipe. You know those recipes your mom makes that you will never forget far into your adulthood? This is exactly that type of recipe. It’s got a lot of crunch, which I like, and I haven’t tasted anything like it. There isn’t an egg salad I’ve had with this much crunch before! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil mayonnaise
- 2 medium-length celery stalks, finely chopped
- Handful cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large white onion or red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped chives, parsley, or dill (I used dill in the recipe)
- 1 tsp celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While eggs are boiling, chop celery, tomatoes, and onions. Place in large mixing bowl. Add in mayo.
- Once eggs are boiled, plunge them under cool water and peel them.
- Slice eggs. Add to bowl.
- Add in celery seed, chopped chives, parsley, or dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (optional, but recommended).
- Enjoy with multi-grain bread or crackers.
Home Chef Tip: Use an egg/avocado slicer for nice, even slices.
Tip: Use an egg/avocado slicer for nice, even slices.
This loaded egg salad is pretty simple, cost effective, and such a crowd pleaser!
We hope you enjoy this Loaded Egg Salad from SoFabFood Home Chef, Christine from The Chicago Good Life, as much as we do. If you love this simple picnic food, you can find more like it by visiting our Deli-Style Meal Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!