The bold flavors of this heart-healthy Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili recipe are the perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year. With only 10 minutes of prep time and just one pot, this dish is a sure-fire winner!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili Recipe
This Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili recipe is a heart-healthy meal the whole family will love. Full of bold flavors, and super simple to make, this is a great meal to serve for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta this year. This dish is packed with protein from the ground turkey and beans, and the added texture and flavor from the diced tomatoes, chiles, and corn is divine.
The secret to making this meal so simple is by taking shortcuts. We love a good, truly homemade chili as much as the next person, but sometimes time doesn’t allow for that so this heart-healthy, semi-homemade version is the next best thing! Using no-salt added canned tomatoes, beans, and vegetables is key to getting this together in your slow cooker quickly so that you can go on about your busy day without worrying about what’s for dinner. Just 10 minutes of prep time and only one pot delivers a bold flavor sensation that’s sure to delight any crowd! The fact that you only use one pot to cook the entire meal means clean up is a breeze as one more added bonus to this amazing recipe.
One average-sized bowl (about 2 cups) of this Fiesta Turkey Chili has approximately 90 mg of sodium. Value varies depending on canned ingredients used so always read your labels!
- 1.5 lb lean ground turkey, uncooked, but thawed
- 1 15-oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 10-oz can Ro*Tel® No Salt Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 15-oz can no salt added pinto beans, with juices
- 1 15-oz can no salt added corn, drained
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Place defrosted ground turkey in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle spices over the top.
- Add in canned beans and corn.
- Cover and simmer on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Approximately one hour before serving, break up the ground turkey and give the chili a good stir to combine everything. Replace the cover and continue simmering until ready.
Home Chef Tip: To make this chili on the stovetop, simply brown your ground turkey first, then add in all of the others ingredients, stir, and simmer covered over medium-low heat for 30-60 minutes.
We hope you love this delightfully flavorful and simple recipe for Heart-Healthy, Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Slow Cooker Section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!