Serve these simple Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes as the perfect side to turkey, ham, roast, or chicken this holiday season. Ditch the boring mashed potatoes and tantalize their taste buds with this easy side dish.
With all of the fall and winter holidays just around the corner, we love to pull out the recipe box to put together our holiday meal plan. Whether you’re planning on roasting a turkey, baking a ham or chicken, or smoking a tenderloin, you’ll want to make sure these Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are included in your meal as well. Twice Baked Potatoes offer texture and flavor dimensions you just can’t get with traditional mashed potatoes and they are highly customizable to suit everyone’s taste palates. Simple to make, and absolutely delicious and satisfying, your holiday guests will devour this flavorful side dish.
Make sure to buy large potatoes for this recipe so they’re easier to work with, plus there’s way more to love that way. This recipe does take some time, but there really isn’t a lot of fuss and they’re are totally worth it!
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 4 tbsp no-salt butter
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Optional: bacon and chopped up green onions
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Lay out 4 pieces of tin foil and place one washed and dried potato in each sheet.
- Drizzle each potato with the Olive Oil, then sprinkle on some Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning mix.
- Wrap the potatoes in the foil.
- Bake potatoes at 425ºF for an hour and a half.
- Remove the potatoes and let them cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape out the inside of the potato and mash in a bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, and shredded cheese into the “mashed” potatoes and mix well.
- Heap the seasoned potato skins with the mashed potato mixture, add bacon or green onions if you’d like.
- Bake in the oven in a baking dish uncovered at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
This is a very satisfying side dish that’s very economical to make. Lower in sodium than a lot of other traditional side dishes, this recipe is a real winner in our book. If you love this delicious and healthy side dish, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!