Skip the traditional green bean casserole this holiday season when you serve up this hearty side dish that’s basically a meal all on its own. Buttery Garlic Green Beans with Potatoes and Pork are simple to make, satisfyingly delicious, and sure to wow your family and friends.
Why serve up a boring green bean casserole again this year when you can serve a side dish that’s hearty and satisfying instead? This recipe for Buttery Garlic Green Beans with Potatoes and Pork is simple to make and so hearty, it could just about be a meal all on its own. Full of robust flavor and low in sodium, this heart-healthy side dish is sure to be a huge hit at the holiday table and it’s perfect for busy weeknights too. This recipe really couldn’t be simpler to make. Simmer fresh cut green beans, cut red potatoes, and leftover pork in a mixture of chicken broth, butter, and fresh garlic in the Crock Pot while you go about your busy day.
- 1 lb fresh cut green beans
- 8-10 small red potatoes, cut in half or quartered
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup leftover pork roast, shredded (alternately, you can add a leftover pork chop or 4 slices of bacon)
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- pepper, to taste, optional
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and simmer on low for 4 hours.
- Serve as a side dish or in a bowl with your favorite bread on the side.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Buttery Garlic Green Beans with Potatoes and Pork as much as we do. If you love this recipe, find more like it by visiting our Side Dish Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous side dish recipes. Enjoy!