Surprise dad this Father’s Day with these mouthwatering Grilled Pimento Cheeseburgers! Made with homemade pimento cheese spread, these delicious burgers are perfect for any celebration.
Father’s Day is just around the corner and I’ve already started to plan what I’m going to do for my dad. Our tradition for the last several years has been for me to cook him dinner at my house, and he gets whatever he wants. He typically wants me to grill him something and I’m always happy to oblige. After all, I do love to grill! Although it’s nice to spoil him with a big juicy steak, my dad is a minimalist and loves traditional grill fare like hamburgers and hot dogs. I decided to do burgers this year, but I wanted to make something special for my dad and these Grilled Pimento Cheeseburgers were born. A hearty helping of a simple homemade pimento cheese spread is added to the burgers during the last minute of cooking. It melts just slightly, making it the perfect accompaniment to the juicy burger.
Grilled Pimento Burger on Brioche Bun
I discovered that a Brioche bun is best for this giant burger. It holds up well to the double patties and veggies that are piled high on it. I like to butter the insides of the buns and place them on the top rack of my grill for just a few minutes until they get slightly toasted. There is nothing like a warm and toasty burger bun!
Do you have any special traditions or ways to celebrate on Father’s Day? Whatever it is that you do, spending time with those that you love is the best way to spend the day!
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 8 hamburger patties
- 4 Brioche buns
- Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion
- First make the pimento cheese spread. Place the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and diced pimentos into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the grill to high. Season the hamburger patties generously with salt and pepper on both sides and grill until they reach the desired temperature. Spread a heaping teaspoon of pimento cheese on each patty and allow it to melt just slightly.
- Spread a bit of butter on the insides of the top and bottom half of each bun and grill until lightly toasted.
- Top each bun bottom with a lettuce leaf, slice of tomato, slice of onion, and two burger patties. Put on the top buns and serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: If you can't find Brioche buns, regular hamburger buns will work in a pinch.
We hope you love this Grilled Pimento Cheeseburger recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Sarah from The Chef Next Door, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending this summer, be sure to stop by our Outdoor Grilling section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!