Made with raspberries, banana, beets, avocado, and chia seeds, this Raspberry Beet Detox Smoothie is packed full of nutrients. Loaded with vitamin C, B, fiber, and healthy fats, this detox drink is as healthy as it is delicious!
Healthy ingredients for a healthy detox drink!
- Beet: Beets are one of the healthiest, most nourishing and detoxifying foods you can eat. They’re high in immune-boosting vitamin C, key minerals like potassium and manganese, as well as the B vitamin folate, and plenty of fiber. These bright red vegetables can help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of disease, detoxify the blood and liver, strengthen the immune system, and support brain and bone health. The best part about this recipe is that you don’t need to cook the beet before adding it to the smoothie! You can simply peel it, chop it in half, and throw it in raw.
- Raspberries: I like to keep my freezer stocked with frozen berries for throwing in smoothies. Raspberries are an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin C. They’re also high in fiber and a low-sugar fruit.
- Banana: Bananas are amazing for digestion. A medium-sized banana has about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source. Dietary fiber has been linked to many health benefits, including improved digestion.
- Avocado: Avocados are full of healthy, beneficial fats that help to keep you full and satiated. When you consume fat, your brain receives a signal to turn off your appetite. Eating fat slows the breakdown of carbohydrates, which helps to keep sugar levels in the blood stable. Fat is essential for every single cell in the body. Eating healthy fats supports skin health, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, and may even help boost the immune system.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a powerhouse seed! They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. All you need is one tablespoon to reap the amazing benefits!
- Vanilla Protein Powder (Optional): This ingredient is optional, but I recommend adding 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder to this smoothie. This packs in 20 grams of protein which could come from sources such as hemp, brown rice, pea, quinoa, or pumpkin. I really like the Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder.
This Raspberry Beet Detox Smoothie is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, tastes amazingly fresh and nourishing, and is a great way to detox the body.
You might be wondering if you can taste the beet in this smoothie. Truth be told, you really can’t! With the sweet banana and raspberries, it really balances out the earthy flavor of the beets. How can you not love that bright, vibrant pink color? It’s almost too pretty to eat!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 beet
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- Optional: 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately!
Home Chef Tip: For a different flavor combination, use blackberries instead of raspberries.
We hope you love this Raspberry Beet Detox Smoothie from SoFabFood Home Chef, Nicole from Living Well with Nic. If you enjoyed this simple and healthy recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Smoothie Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!