Easy to assemble and quick clean up, these Low Country Shrimp Boil Foil Packets reinvent time-consuming shrimp boil recipes with the same great results. Shrimp, mussels, sausage, corn, and potatoes cook up in 30 minutes in the oven in no-mess foil packets.
Save time with these No-Mess Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
If you love a good shrimp boil, but hate the wait and clean up time, you’re going to love these super simple Low Country Shrimp Boil Foil Packets. Shrimp, mussels, chicken sausage, corn on the cob, and baby red potatoes cook in 30 minutes in your oven in a beer marinade all in one no-mess foil packet. Hearty and delicious, these packets are easily customizable and individualized to suit the entire family!
Simply pile all of your ingredients onto a piece of tinfoil, sprinkle with olive oil, then generously cover with Old Bay® Seasoning. Close the top of the foil and one side, tilt and pour in a little beer (or wine or chicken broth), then close them up tightly, place them in the oven on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, and you have one amazing meal that can be served right out of the packet.
We like to add lemon wedges and a whole jalapeño to our packets for added flavor, so feel free to get creative with you packets too!
- 1.5 lb fresh jumbo shrimp (you can remove the shells or leave them on)
- 1 lb fresh mussels
- 1.5 lb chicken sausage links, cut into ½" pieces
- 4 pieces fresh corn, halved
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- Old Bay® Seasoning
- 4 capfuls olive oil, separated
- 4 tbsp beer (or wine or chicken broth)
- 4 whole jalapeños
- 1 large lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a large piece of tinfoil, layer ¼ of the corn, potatoes, shrimp, mussels, sausage, jalapeño, and lemon wedges.
- Sprinkle with 1 capful of olive oil.
- Generously cover with Old Bay® Seasoning.
- Pull the tinfoil up lengthwise to close the top of the packet, folding down to close completely, then close one of the sides.
- Tilt the packet and pour in 1 tablespoon of beer, then close that side completely.
- Place in a glass baking dish, and repeat for the other 3 packets.
- Bake packets in oven for 30 minutes; depending on oven variation, it may take longer so just check potatoes for doneness.
- Carefully open packets (the steam will be HOT), sprinkle with lemon juice if desired, and serve right out of the foil packet for easy cleanup.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Low Country Shrimp Boil Foil Packets as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!