For me, summer just begs for seasonal fruit. I love to cook with it, especially if I’ve had the chance to pick it myself, but I hate heating up my house to make a good meal or dessert. That’s why I am in love with the flavors in this Grilled Peach Berry Cobbler. It’s cooked entirely on the grill, so your house stays nice and cool as you enjoy it.
One of our summer bucket list items each year is to go pick fresh seasonal fruit, and the orchards around here are packed to the brim with peaches and delicious, fresh strawberries. You can substitute your favorite seasonal fruits in place of the peaches and berries in this cobbler recipe; just use whatever is fresh at your local orchard or grocery store!
This Grilled Peach Berry Cobbler is so simple that anyone can make it. In fact, my son was happy to help arrange the fresh fruit in the cast iron skillet. You’ll want to use a cast iron skillet because it’s totally grill-safe. Don’t you just love a classic, durable pan that allows you to use it in the oven, stovetop, and grill? Talk about versatile!
To start, you’ll want to slice up your fruit and layer it in your buttered cast iron pan, filling the pan up about a quarter inch away from the top. Then, you’ll prepare the easy topping recipe, and place it on a hot grill (if you have a temperature gauge, you’ll want it to be around 325ºF) for about 45 minutes, or until the fruit is hot and bubbly and the crust is cooked through.
I like to go ahead and grill dinner for family and friends, then place the prepared cobbler on the pre-heated grill as we enjoy the meal. By the time the dinner dishes are cleaned up, you’re ready to enjoy this cobbler dessert with family and friends…nice and hot, preferably with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- 1 Tbsp butter, plus 3 Tbsp butter, separated
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ to 1 cup assorted fresh berries
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter skillet using 1 tablespoon butter (or enough to coat bottom and sides of cast iron pan).
- Layer sliced peaces on the bottom of the cast iron skillet, then top with strawberry slices and mixed berries, stopping about ¼" below the top of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, almond extract, 3 tablespoons butter (melted), and milk.
- Place on a hot grill (approximately 325ºF) for 45 minutes or until fruit is hot and bubbly and topping is cooked.
This summer, don’t heat up your house when you want a fresh dessert…the grill is a great option for a summer dessert utilizing fresh seasonal fruit! We hope you love this recipe for Grilled Peach Berry Cobbler from SoFabFood Contributor, Jennie from Mama Plus One, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert inspiration. Enjoy!