No-Bake French Toast Crunch Cereal Bars
Cereal bars are great for breakfast or as an after school snack. These No-Bake French Toast Crunch Marshmallow and Chocolate Bars are delicious and very simple to make. You can serve them up plain or decorate them to add that special touch to show your family how much you care. All you need are the ingredients, a little bit of time, and your microwave to make these delicious treats.
- 1-10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 cups French Toast Crunch Cereal
- 1-12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Coat bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute, stir, microwave for another minute until completely melted.
- Immediately stir the cereal into the melted marshmallows.
- Put mixture in pan and press. Use waxed paper for pressing because this is a sticky mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered for 2 minutes, stopping at 1 minute to stir, until thoroughly melted.
- Pour chocolate over cereal mixture and spread like frosting.
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes until chocolate sets.
- Cut into bars or cut with your favorite cookie cutter to make fun shapes to decorate.
Making cereal bars is always a fun way to get the kids excited for breakfast and for a successful day at school. These bars store very well on the countertop in an air-tight container all week long to enjoy as after school snacks as well.
This breakfast bar recipe will become a family favorite in no time and you’ll love it because it’s so simple to make. If you loved this recipe idea, you can find more recipes like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe ideas, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and be inspired by our many Pinterest boards. Enjoy!