Friday night just got way more exciting. This BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza will melt in your mouth, and who would’ve guessed that this easy dinner option is low carb, low sugar, and gluten free?!
Pizza is probably my family’s favorite food of all time. I mean, how can it not? When it comes to pizza, the possibilities are endless! I’m typically a Hawaiian pizza kind of gal, but my newest addiction is a homemade BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza. Not only is this pizza pie low carb, but it’s also sugar free and gluten free!
When the cauliflower fad started to take over, I wanted nothing to do with it! As much as I love the vegetable, the thought of it ending up in my pizza was bonkers. Of all people, it was my husband who convinced me to give it a shot. I’m so glad I did! This dangerously delicious alternative has become my new favorite way to eat pizza. The best part is that I can indulge in the cheesy goodness and not feel guilty what-so-ever!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 1/2 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds, or until the cauliflower resembles a snow-like texture.
- Place the cauliflower in a cheesecloth (or you can use heavy-duty paper towel) and ring out any excess water.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cauliflower, egg, cheese, and spices. Mix well.
- Place the mixture on the pan and begin to spread out the edges evenly. Once the "dough" is flattened out, bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce to the cooked, shredded chicken and mix well.
- Once the crust is golden brown, remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on the crust and distribute evenly. Take 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over the crust.
- Then add the chicken and remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Top with red onion and parsley.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes, serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Use the ingredients/instructions for this cauliflower crust in place of a traditional crust for all of your favorite pizza combos!
This low-carb piece of heaven starts with cauliflower, lots of garlic, and an absurd amount of cheese. It’s smothered in low-sugar hickory smoked BBQ sauce then layered with chicken. Top with more cheese, red onion, and parsley. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Eating healthy doesn’t need to be difficult. In fact, over the years I’ve learned how to balance my diet so I still consume my favorite foods without expanding my waistline. Swapping out delivery pizza for a more health-conscious option was a decision I will never regret! My kids even enjoy our homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza. Of course I failed to mention that the crust is made out of vegetables, but that’s beside the point. All that matters is that they love our Friday night pizzas!
We hope you love this delicious, gluten-free BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Lesley from The Lucky Pear, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure check out our other Pizza recipes for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow our Pinterest boards. Enjoy!