Don’t let those ripe bananas go to waste! Ditch traditional banana bread when you make these delightfully indulgent 6-Ingredient Ripe Banana Brownies in about 30 minutes.
I think overripe bananas are the perfect excuse to make something delicious. I don’t like to waste food, so whenever bananas go brown – it’s time to bake. Making banana bread is usually the obvious choice, but sometimes I feel like chocolate. Sometimes change is a very good thing!
That’s where the idea for these 6-Ingredient Ripe Banana Brownies came from. Brownies are my favorite dessert, so banana brownies are right up my alley. They’re dense like banana bread, plus the banana makes them extra moist.
6-Ingredient Ripe Banana Brownies
For the chocolate, we’re using melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Melted chocolate makes the brownies fudgy and chewy, without being too rich. For this Chocolate Banana Brownies recipe, you’ll want to use brown bananas. Green bananas are too sour for baking. Brown bananas, on the other hand, have the perfect mellow flavor and add lots of moisture to baked goods.
What you’ll also love about these banana brownies is how easy they are to make. To get started, first melt together the butter and chocolate chips. After the mixture is smooth and glossy, stir in the sugar and eggs. Then gently fold in the mashed bananas and flour. The batter comes together in under 10 minutes, and then it’s time to bake. Be careful not to bake the brownies for too long, otherwise they can become dry and cakey. They’ll bake for about 30 minutes, depending a little on your oven.
After the brownies are done baking, let them cool fully then cut into squares. You can sprinkle a little powdered sugar over top, or they’re delicious with a scoop of ice cream. If you’re looking for a delicious, easy recipe for those brown bananas – definitely try these Chocolate Banana Brownies. Moist and chewy with a delicious chocolate banana flavor.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
- 2/3 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium-sized brown bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease lightly.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until everything is melted.
- Stir in the eggs and sugar.
- Gently fold in the flour and mashed bananas. Be careful not to mix too much.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 27-32 minutes, or until the top is set and an inserted toothpick comes out dry or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool fully (at least 1 hour), then cut into squares.
Home Chef Tip: For extra fudgy brownies, be careful not to over bake.
We hope you love these 6-Ingredient Ripe Banana Brownies from SoFabFood Home Chef, Fiona from Just So Tasty, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our dessert section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram. Enjoy!