The amount of chocolate in these Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies should be illegal. Rich and fudgy with chunks of dark, milk, and white chocolate baked in, this is the perfect cheat day dessert!
My name is Teri and I blog at Buy This Cook That; preparing and sharing delicious homemade recipes is what I love. Our favorite recipes are Southern classics with a twist, like these Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies. Moist and ooey-gooey, this chocolate treat will be your new favorite indulgence.
Warning: These decadent, splurge-worthy brownies are for serious chocolate lovers only! This is my all-time cheat day favorite treat. Dark chocolate and milk chocolate are swirled into the batter, then white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate chunks are gently folded in before baking. Pro tip: Get a glass of milk.
Brownies are one of my all-time favorite desserts to bake. They have it all, don’t they? Butter, sugar, chocolate, rich and fudgy, and substantial. Like a piece of cake gone wild! We started with our favorite homemade brownie batter and went crazy with the chocolate.
To get maximum chocolate in these Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies, this is what we did:
- First, we melted two types of chocolate in butter. (Yes, a lot of chocolate + a lot of butter. That’s what makes life grand.) We used milk chocolate and dark chocolate in the thick brownie batter.
- Traditional milk chocolate chips were added to the batter because…chocolate.
- Then, we added a handful of sweet and creamy white chocolate pieces. White chocolate gives another layer of flavor to these brownies, and the color really pops.
- Of course we had to bring my all-time favorite chocolate to this brownie party: dark chocolate chunks. There is something about dark chocolate that makes me happy.
- And just because it is cheat-day treat, we drizzled the top with chocolate syrup and some more chocolate pieces. Heavenly!
If you love this SUPER-SWEET treat, check out more of our indulgent desserts like Cinnamon Cherry Slow Cooker Cobbler, Our Favorite Carrot Cake Ever, or Spiced Pumpkin Muffins. Yes, we totally have a sweet tooth that can’t be satisfied.
Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies
When you get ready to indulge, this is the recipe for you. Rich and gooey brownies with chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate in every satisfying bite. This is the brownie recipe you’ve been dreaming of.
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks, divided
- 10 ounces milk chocolate chips or chunks, divided
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 1/2 sticks of salted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8x12 or 9x13 baking dish liberally with butter-flavored, non-stick spray. Line with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to a medium-sized bowl with 8 ounces of the dark chocolate and 8 ounces of the milk chocolate. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring, until the butter and chocolate mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, briskly beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Gradually add the flour and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the remaining dark chocolate and milk chocolate, and the white chocolate. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Cooking times will vary based on your oven and the size dish you use. Do not overcook. The center will be slightly moist.
- Remove from oven and let the brownies cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Gently remove the brownies from the pan by grasping and lifting the parchment paper. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely before cutting into squares.
Home Chef Tip #1: To get your brownies out of the pan with no sticking, spray the pan liberally with butter-flavored, non-stick spray. Then line the pan with parchment paper, and spray it again. This will allow you to lift the brownies right out of the pan.
Home Chef Tip #2: Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing. Then, carefully grasp the parchment paper and lift + transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let them cool COMPLETELY before slicing for the perfect slice.
Home Chef Tip #3: If you like your brownies fudgy and gooey (like me), do not overcook them. Remember, they will continue to cook and set up as they cool. Due to variations in ovens and pan size, watch the brownies carefully. You want to remove the brownies when you can jiggle the pan and the center barely moves. (A pick inserted will come out slightly wet.)
Home Chef Tip #4: Get a BIG glass of milk for these bad boys.
We hope you love this Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Teri from Buy This, Cook That, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Dessert Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!