This 30-Minute One-Pot Shrimp Pasta Dinner is an easy dinner with simple ingredients. The shrimp is perfectly juicy and filled with flavor, and the pasta is tossed in a garlicky tomato sauce that’s sure to be loved by all!
“Make this everyday!”, screamed my older daughter as she transferred forkfuls of spaghetti and shrimp into her mouth. She and her sister cleared their plates in no time! Even my picky toddler ate like there was no tomorrow. This 30-Minute One-Pot Shrimp Pasta Dinner is what mommy dreams are made of.
Let me just state here that shrimp is one of my favorite things ever. It’s so tasty! Apart from popping some into my mouth right after sautéing them, I also love them in this chicken and shrimp fried rice. I also make a spinach stew with shrimp that is absolutely to die for.
30-Minute One-Pot Shrimp Pasta Dinner
For this dish, I start off by cooking my pasta. I used spaghetti as my pasta here, but you can use other types of pasta like fettuccine, linguine, or even macaroni. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Of course, the star in this recipe is the perfectly-seasoned shrimp. I used a blend of garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper to flavor this delightful seafood. Then I sautéed it for about two minutes on each side. Simple perfection!
Then I make a simple, but super tasty tomato sauce, filled with the goodness of minced garlic.
I then mix the pasta with the tomato sauce. If you like lots of sauce, feel free to increase the quantity of tomatoes in this recipe.
Then I add the shrimp and dinner’s ready!
This whole meal only takes about 30 minutes to prepare, yet it is so satisfying! A total one-pot wonder. Enjoy!
- 12 oz jumbo raw and peeled shrimp (340g)
- 8 oz spaghetti or pasta of choice (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 small onion - chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley/cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Season shrimp with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to ensure the seasoning coats the shrimp.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pot. Put in the seasoned shrimp to cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove shrimp from oil then add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté onions until fragrant then add tomatoes and cook while constantly stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic cloves then stir to bring out the flavor of the garlic.
- Add in half a cup of water, salt, and pepper. Mix well and let the tomato sauce simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the pasta and toss well to combine. Finally add in the shrimp.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley or cilantro if so desired.
Home Chef Tip: After boiling pasta, reserve part of the pasta water (water drained from boiled pasta) to add to the tomato sauce in place of water. The pasta water helps bind the sauce and the pasta together.
We hope you enjoy this delicious 30-Minute One-Pot Shrimp Pasta Dinner recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Precious from Precious Core, as much as we do. If you love this simple dinner option, you can find more like it by checking out our other 30-Minute Meals. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!