Prepare delicious Smoked Salmon infused with zesty, smoky flavors easily on your grill without a lot of fancy ingredients, time, or expensive smoker when you follow this simple step-by-step recipe.
Love the amazing flavor of Smoked Salmon, but you don’t have a smoker and you don’t care to pay high-dollar restaurant prices to savor those flavors? No problem! Delicious smoked salmon infused with fabulous smoky flavors can be cooked on your grill without a lot of fancy ingredients, time, or expensive smoker. The smoky flavor of this nutritious fish is so amazing, you really don’t need all the sugary rubs or spice-heavy marinades you see in most recipes. A little lime juice, ground pepper, and olive oil go a long way when paired with the savory flavor that’s infused from the hickory wood. This is the simplest and most economical recipe you’ll ever find for Smoked Salmon on the Grill.
- 1 salmon fillet with skin, roughly 3 pounds, pin bones removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Light a fire in your charcoal grill for indirect heat, maintaining a temperature around 300ºF. Add hickory chunks when the coals are hot.
- Place your salmon fillet in an aluminum foil boat, skin side down.
- Sprinkle salmon with olive oil, then juice of one lime, then ground black pepper.
- Close boat leaving a small portion open at the top so that the smoke can seep in.
- Place salmon in boat on the grill side without the coals and hickory chunks.
- Smoke for 40-45 minutes with the grill lid closed. Salmon is done when almost opaque throughout but pink in the center.
- Remove from grill and boats, cut into steaks, enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe for Smoked Salmon on the Grill as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Seafood Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!