If you are intimidated by baking, conquer your fears by making this One-Hour Homemade Bread recipe. The ingredient list is simple and the recipe comes together in only one hour making it perfect for beginner bakers.
One of my favorite things to do in life is to make my own bread. The taste of homemade bread is out of this world. My house always smells heavenly when I bake it. Most importantly, I know exactly what goes into my bread. I am always bothered when I see a loaf of bread in a store made with 20-plus ingredients.
One-Hour Homemade Bread Recipe
I mean, when I make my own bread, I hardly use 10 ingredients! So homemade bread is much healthier, plus it is easy and fun to make. If you have never made bread before, this One-Hour Homemade Bread recipe is a great place to start.
All you need to do is mix the wet ingredients with some yeast, add in flour, and form a dough. Then you place the dough into a prepared loaf pan and let it rise, then you bake. It is really that easy!
You do not need a mixer to make this One-Hour Homemade Bread recipe. Your hands, a wooden spoon, and a bowl works just fine. You don’t need special bread-making equipment either. All you need to do is find a warm spot in your house where the dough can rise. I normally turn on my oven for two minutes, then I turn it off and place my dough inside to rise. It works perfectly every single time.
This One-Hour Homemade Bread is the best version of a sandwich bread you will ever taste. It is fresh and soft on the inside. It is not crusty because I did a little trick to prevent that. I placed an oven tray at the bottom level of my oven, then placed my loaf pan in the middle and baked. The tray on the bottom prevented the heat from getting to the bread too fast and creating a thick crust. That way, the bread is soft all around and so good!
Enjoy with some butter or your favorite sandwich filling. Insanely delicious!
This is homemade bread made in one hour! It is so easy to make - anyone can make this!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for kneading)
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 heaping tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg for egg wash
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together water, milk, and yeast.
- Add melted butter, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a board and and place dough on top. Knead until smooth, sprinkling more flour if dough is too sticky. You should knead for about 2-5 minutes. (Be careful not to sprinkle too much flour. You only need a little to prevent your hands from sticking to the dough. If the dough is too hard, your bread will turn out strong).
- Form a log with the dough and place in a greased 8.5 by 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Brush the risen dough with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top if using.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Home Chef Tip: To ensure the dough rises, turn on your oven and let it heat up for two minutes. Then turn it off and place dough inside to rise.
We hope you enjoy this One-Hour Homemade Bread recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Precious from Precious Core, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to checkout our other homemade recipes for more simple comfort food at its best. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!