Whether you’re entertaining friends or planning a family weeknight dinner, this simple recipe for Italian Roasted Mixed Vegetables needs to be on the menu. It’s the perfect healthy side dish to pair with chicken, pork, fish, or beef.
This is the easiest, simplest, and best way to roast vegetables and a perfect way to add tons of vitamins, flavor, and color to your meal. These Italian Roasted Mixed Vegetables are perfectly tender. This healthy side dish is so hearty, it can stand as a vegetarian entrée all on its own, but it pairs beautifully with your favorite protein.
The beauty of this one-pan side dish is its simplicity. All you have to do is toss all the veggies together in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, tons of garlic, salt, and pepper. I have used dried Italian seasoning in this recipe, but you may use fresh herbs like basil, thyme, rosemary, and oregano if you prefer.
How to make the best oven roasted vegetables:
- Keep the seasoning simple.
- Flip the veggies once.
- Make sure that the vegetables don’t overlap,
- Cut the veggies into big pieces (around one and a half inches).
- Use quality olive oil. I use extra virgin olive oil. You will need a generous amount to ensure everything is well coated. This gives this healthy side dish a great flavor.
I use mushrooms, carrots, baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and grape tomatoes to make these Italian Roasted Mixed Vegetables. I just love the flavor of the vegetables that are slowly roasted until tender.
This combination of vegetables just works so well together. These roasted vegetables are so versatile and can be used on top of salad greens, stuffed in a quesadilla, to make enchiladas, mixed with pasta, to make a sandwich, or served as a side dish.
If the vegetables listed here are not your favorites, you can use any veggies of your choice. Just make sure you adjust the seasoning. If you want your roasted veggies to have a bit of kick to them, add some extra red pepper flakes.
- 8-10 Mushrooms
- 2 cups Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 6-7 Baby Potatoes
- 1 cup Chopped Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 1/2 cup Zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup Baby Carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven 425ºF.
- Add grated garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes in a big mixing bowl. Add oil, whisk very well.
- Divide it into 2 bowl.
- In one bowl, place baby potatoes and sweet potatoes. Toss them well.
- In another bowl, add the remaining veggies, toss them well and set it aside.
- Spread baby potatoes and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Roast in heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining veggies, mix well, and roast it for another 20 minutes or until the veggies are fork tender.
- Top with some Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Home Chef Tips: This recipe can easily be divided in half or doubled or tripled in size. I leave the potatoes and zucchini peel on, but you can remove them if you prefer.
We hope you enjoy these Italian Roasted Mix Vegetables from SoFabFood Home Chef, Dhwani from Cooking Carnival, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Side Dish Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!