7 Delicious Side Salad Recipes to Compliment your Weeknight Meal!
Side Salads are a great way to complete any weeknight meal because there are so many varieties, they’re simple to make, and they pair well with any entree. We love a good, leafy salad as much as anyone, but sometimes we like to turn to non-traditional side salad recipes to liven things up a bit. These 7 side salads are some of our favorites and we couldn’t wait to share them with you! Bright, delicious, and full of flavor, these side salads are sure to be a hit at your next family meal.
- This Summer Avocado Salad is as festive as it is healthy. Avocados, black beans, and corn are paired with oil, spices, and herbs to make this delightful salad that pairs perfectly with grilled meats or your favorite Mexican dish.
- This flavorful Summer Couscous Salad is a simple, easy-to-follow, flavor-rich recipe that isn’t fussy and overwhelming. This salad is the perfect light lunch or side to your fish dinner.
- If you’re looking for a simple salad that’s full of flavor and holds up well for picnics or potlucks, this Asian Slaw Salad is exactly what you’re looking for. This crispy, vegetable-packed salad gets an added texture and flavor dimension with the addition of Ramen noodles and almonds.
- At first glance, you might think that this recipe for Pea Salad with Cashews and Bacon isn’t for you, but you need to taste this one to realize how amazing it really is. It’s a hearty and flavorful salad that works great with anything off the grill.
- This Broccoli Salad recipe is on the lighter side, but it’s just as flavorful as it is a fulfilling side dish. This recipe uses broccoli, bacon, cheese, Greek yogurt, milk, mayo, vinegar, and sugar for the perfect flavor combination.
- The Bramborový Salát is not your typical American Potato Salad. This Czechoslovakian potato salad is very rich in flavor and not over bearing with mustard. It’s so good, you may never want to eat traditional potato salad again.
- This recipe for Mexican Bean Salad combines black, cannelli, and kidney beans with a whole host of fresh vegetables and spices to make a delicious salad that’s perfect for picnics and parties.
We hope you enjoy these non-traditional side salad recipes as much as we do. If you love these recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!