Tailgating and holiday parties just got more tasty with this Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms recipe! All you need is baby bellas, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, greek yogurt, a few spices, and about 30 minutes.
Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite football season appetizers. They are easy to make, perfect for bite-sized snacking, and look impressive on a platter! While I am not a fan of football season, my husband sure is. The best part of football season for me is all of the yummy food. These Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms are incredibly simple to make, but big on flavor. Stuffed mushrooms are a great tailgating appetizer to serve to your friends and family!
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
All you need to make these mushrooms is baby bella mushrooms, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, greek yogurt, and a few spices! Garnish the tops of the mushrooms with fresh parsley after they are done cooking for that wow factor and extra pop of flavor.
Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetable, so it is no surprise that I love this recipe. The filling comes together in less than five minutes and the prep work is so simple. This recipe is perfect for bringing to a tailgating party or for homegating. I ate four of these mini bites in minutes after they came out of the oven. They are that irresistable!
First, you will remove the stems from the mushrooms and rinse them well to remove any remaining dirt. After you make the filling, stuff the mushrooms as full as you can and place them cap side down in a baking dish (no need to even grease the dish). Bake the mushrooms at 350ºF for 25 minutes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley once they come out of the oven.
- 16 oz package of baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and stems removed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing
- Use a mixer to mix the parmesan and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add greek yogurt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Place mushrooms cap side down in a baking dish.
- Stuff mushrooms with filling.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the filling starts to brown.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Home Chef Tip: Use an electric mixer to form the filling for the mushrooms. This will get the texture perfect without lots of mixing by hand!
Double this recipe if you are feeding a big crowd – I guarantee that they will disappear fast! My husband and I could eat this whole batch by ourselves. If you are looking for a fun, easy, and delicious appetizer for football season, give these cheesy stuffed mushrooms a try!
We hope you love this Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Joy from Build Your Bite, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple appetizer, be sure to check out our other Appetizer recipes to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!