Serve a Sunday brunch fancy enough for royalty when you make these 20-minute Caramelized Banana Nutella Crepes. Made with everyone’s favorite hazelnut spread, this classic breakfast recipe is sure to impress!
Hey there, it’s Edyta from Innocent Delight and today I’m bringing you an amazing recipe for Caramelized Banana Nutella Crepes. This dish may look time consuming and expensive, but this quick and easy budget-friendly breakfast is a 20-minute meal!
This is my spin on a popular dish served in the French Brasserie in Wroclaw, Poland where I worked one summer many moons ago. Caramelized banana crepes with whipped cream were among the most popular dishes on the menu. The restaurant served both sweet and savory crepe options and I really loved all of them. On the savory side, one of the most popular crepes was a super simple one with just cheese and tomatoes. I often make my favorite savory French classic with ham and cheese.
This classic breakfast is yours in just 20 minutes!
While working in this restaurant, I learned how to make a perfect French crepes batter. To this day, I still cook them very often. For this recipe of Caramelized Bananas Nutella Crepes, I used a sweetened batter. I added sugar and vanilla for a deeper flavor, but this is optional. You can make the batter without adding any sweeteners.
Let’s talk for a second about caramelized bananas.
Bananas are good and sweet on their own, but something magical happens when you add them to the butter on a frying pan. The sugar caramelizes and the sweet bananas amplify their sweetness. To take it up the notch, I sprinkled these bananas with a teaspoon of brown sugar. The molasses in the brown sugar adds another depth to the flavor. Pair it with Nutella and you’ll have a little taste of heaven in your mouth.
The beauty of this dish is its simplicity!
Now, the thing that I love about this dish is its simplicity. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to put it together and they’re done in less than 30 minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Nutella (Get a coupon for $1 off Nutella!)
- Brown sugar/white sugar and vanilla
For the batter, you will simply use a blender and then just fry the crepes. For the caramelized bananas, you’ll need a frying pan, butter, and bananas. You will use store-bought Nutella at a $1 off, and then, just like that, you’ll have a perfectly sweet dish.
The awesome thing about these Caramelized Banana Nutella Crepes is that you can serve them as a dessert or as a Sunday Brunch. As a matter of fact, if you want to have crepes for brunch, you should check these 4 Easy Sunday Brunch Crepes Recipes too.
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups of whole milk
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- Extra melted butter for brushing the pan
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Nutella (You can get $1 off the Nutella with this coupon!)
- Melt 3 tablespoon of butter and then let it cool off.
- Add all batter ingredients into a blender and then blend until smooth.
- Batter can be refrigerated for half hour before frying the crepes, but this step is optional.
- Heat up a 10-inch, non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Brush the pan with melted butter.
- Pour one ladle of batter into the pan and swirl around to cover all the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about one minute, flip it, and fry on the other side.
- Repeat the process until you finish the batter.
- You should be able to make 7 crepes from this recipe. Note that the first one never comes out great, so use the rest of the 6 to use with the filling.
- In a frying pan heat up a tablespoon of butter, add cut up bananas, sprinkle with brown sugar, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until bananas are soft and caramelized.
- Spread tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut on the crepe leaving about 1 inch from the edges without chocolate.
- Add 2 tablespoon of bananas mixture; fold in half and then another half.
- Continue with the remaining crepes.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: You can skip the process of making your own crepes and use store-bought ones. You will have a dessert or Sunday Bruch ready in 10 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this Caramelized Banana Nutella Crepes recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Edyta from Innocent Delight. If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our Sunday Brunch recipes to make your weekends more delicious. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!