Nothing screams summer like firing up the grill! This Grilled Pound Cake with Lemon Honey Whipped Cream and Blueberry Compote is a refreshing treat and the perfect way to finish off a backyard barbecue!
Summer is quickly approaching and there are so many fun and exciting things to look forward to. From adventurous road trips, to lazy days by the pool and casual backyard barbecues; summer is bursting with opportunities for a good time!
One of our favorite summertime activities is firing up the grill and inviting friends and family over for a laid back Sunday afternoon. These casual afternoons are not only fun, but relaxing. To keep things easy, I rely on my grill to do all of the work! Yes, in addition to cooking up our steaks, burgers, and jalapeño poppers, the grill can cook up dessert too!
Strawberry Shortcake is usually my go to summer dessert, but I decided this year I wanted to change things up and take this summer classic to a whole new level. This Grilled Pound Cake with Lemon Honey Whipped Cream and Blueberry Compote is a delicious twist on that basic shortcake recipe. It starts with a store-bought pound cake that is warmed on the grill and is then dressed up with a simple, yet flavorful, homemade lemon whipped cream and fresh blueberry compote. Dinner guests will swoon over this restaurant-worthy dessert that is really a breeze to whip up…making it perfect for lazy summer days!
- Grilled Pound Cake:
- 1 loaf store-bought pound cake (thawed if frozen)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Lemon Honey Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- Blueberry Compote:
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For grilled pound cake:
- Slice pound cake into ½-inch thick slices. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush melted butter onto both sides of the sliced pound cake. Preheat grill to high heat and place pound cake on grill. Grill pound cake for 2-3 minutes per side.
- For lemon honey whipped cream:
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream, honey, lemon zest, and juice until soft peaks are formed. Serve whipped cream immediately or store in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
- For blueberry compote:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together water and sugar. Bring the sugar water to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the blueberries, lemon juice, and zest, and boil for 8-10 minutes or until the blueberries begin to burst and the sauce is thickened.
- To serve:
- Serve grilled pound cake topped with 2-3 tablespoons blueberry compote and a dollop of whipped cream.
We hope you love this Grilled Pound Cake with Lemon Honey Whipped Cream and Blueberry Compote from SoFabFood Contributor, Heather from Kitchen Concoctions, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert inspiration. Enjoy!