You need to know the importance of Whole Grain Trends for Weight Loss. Quinoa, farro, black rice, chia, and oats are your new secret weapon when trying to lose weight.
Looking to crush your weight loss goals this year? Try adding whole grains into your diet. Focus on good carbs to keep you energized throughout the day.
Learn the Whole Grain Trends for Weight Loss in 2017
1. Farro – This nutty-flavored type of wheat is rich in feel-full fiber. Farro is higher in fiber than many other whole grains; it has twice the amount found in quinoa and three times the fiber in rice.
- How to incorporate it into a salad: This light lunch salad is made with baby kale, lettuce, farro, and chickpeas. The dressing is a simple maple syrup vinaigrette that takes only five minutes to make.
2. Oats – Oats digest slowly, are packed with fiber, and have little impact on your blood sugar. A serving of oatmeal has fewer calories than a couple of slices of bread and often has more fiber.
- Try overnight oats: This easy Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. Bake it in advance and reheat portions as needed.
3. Quinoa – This grain contains around seven grams of protein per serving and six grams of fiber. Quinoa contains Iron and vitamin B12 which are both essential for energy production and weight loss.
- Try Quinoa for dinner: This attractive Squash Quinoa Bake is a hearty, seasonal recipe that is good used as a side dish or as a main course.
4. Chia – These seeds come packed with dietary fiber; roughly 10 grams per ounce. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and various micronutrients.
- Chia for breakfast: Serve the ultimate dessert with this unique, protein-packed recipe for Cinnamon Roll Chia Pudding. It doesn’t get much better than satisfying your sweet tooth while fueling your body with healthy energy.
5. Black Rice – This superfood has disease-fighting antioxidants and it also contains dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Black rice for lunch: We love this Black Rice Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette recipe. The earthy flavor of the black rice pairs beautifully with the tang of the vinaigrette and the crisp vegetables.
We hope you find this information about Whole Grain Trends for Weight Loss and all of these delicious recipes helpful in your quest for a healthier, happier you. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Tips section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.