White Cheddar-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf is a unique twist on a traditional family favorite. This healthier classic is a simple recipe to put together for a weeknight meal using ground turkey, dijon mustard, Italian seasonings, and shredded cheese.
White Cheddar-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
I absolutely love a good meatloaf. It’s simple to throw together, it is almost impossible to mess up, and it will please pretty much everyone when it comes to dinnertime. There are so many variations out there with different bases (beef, chicken, turkey, sausage, meatless), binders (oats, crackers, breadcrumbs), herbs and spices (fresh, dried), and many even have veggies added to them. I’m a huge fan of adding shredded up zucchini to my meatloaf. It really just melts into the mixture and my family doesn’t even realize they ate zucchini.
One of my favorites is a traditional turkey meatloaf with dijon mustard and Italian seasonings that’s been stuffed with cheese. It’s a healthier classic with an added bonus!
Enjoy a healthier classic with a cheesy surprise!
We all love cheese, and we also all love biting into something not realizing there’s going to be a cheesy surprise in the center. This particular version has sharp white cheddar, which is to-die-for. It adds an amazing, ooey-gooey element to this meatloaf that takes it from good to superb. I also like to slather a little bit of extra ketchup or BBQ sauce in the center for even more flavor.
Go ahead, add a handful of shredded veggies in, if you dare. Just don’t tell anyone.
Another amazing option: Tossing a slice of leftover meatloaf in a sauté pan until crispy on both sides then putting it on a few slices of sourdough bread with mayo. Leftovers never looked so good!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tspn coarse salt
- ½ tspn ground black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup, divided
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, dijon, onion, garlic, oregano, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer half of the turkey mixture to the loaf pan and pat down evenly. Spread with half of the ketchup, then evenly sprinkle white cheddar cheese over the turkey mixture, then transfer the remaining turkey mixture to the loaf pan and pat down evenly.
- Top with remaining ketchup.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until set and pulling away from the sides.
- Let slightly cool, then slice to serve.
Home Chef Tip: Use leftover meatloaf to make a sandwich! Top toasted bread with a slice of meatloaf and a layer of ketchup or mayo.
We hope you love this White Cheddar-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Julie from The Gourmet RD, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our dinner section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!