If you’re trying to succeed with your weight loss goals, follow these five simple diet tips to help you succeed. These tips and tricks should help you get over the rough spots and break that plateau. We understand not everyone likes to eat like a rabbit!
5 Diet Tips for Weight Loss Success
- Have Cheat Meals – Add one “cheat” meal per week into your routine. If you’re going to indulge in a cheat meal, do make sure it still has some redeeming nutritional qualities that your body can benefit from.
- Fill your tank on High Fiber Foods – Studies show that eating higher fiber foods that are packed with nutrients like whole grains, beans, high fiber cereal, vegetables, and fruits are important for feeling satisfied. This is very important on a low-calorie diet.
- Stay clear of sugar in the morning – When you eat sugary foods in the morning, you are setting yourself up for failure later in the day. A better choice is to eat an apple that has natural sugar and fiber.
- Eat more not less – When you eat less energy than the body needs, it holds onto ANYTHING that you put into your body. The body holds onto fat and starts using the muscle for energy. Aim for six small, healthy meals per day instead of three large ones. Grazing throughout the day is your best option!
- Drink more water – Drinking water increases the number of calories you burn, which is known as resting energy expenditure. Studies have shown that drinking water before each meal may increase weight loss by 4.4 pounds over a 12-week period.
We hope you find these 5 diet tips for weight loss informative. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Food Tips Section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.