This Virgin Watermelon Mojito is the perfect kid-friendly drink for summer entertaining. With just five minutes and five ingredients, you have a refreshing family-friendly mocktail full of fresh farmers market flavors.
Farmers market season means it is time to make different juices. We love fresh juices, especially with watermelon. Our favorite combinations are pineapple-watermelon, orange-watermelon, and grape-watermelon. Of course we love a juicy slice of watermelon, but what I really love to make is refreshing drinks during the summertime.
We are really excited for the summer, especially summer vacation! The temperature is quite warm here in Arizona, around 105ºF and this Virgin Watermelon Mojito is the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot summer day.
How to make Virgin Watermelon Mojito
Start with ripe, juicy, seedless watermelon cubes. Place them into a blender and purée. Pour the watermelon through a strainer placed on a bowl. Take some mint leaves, sugar, and lemon wedges and crush them with a muddler. Pour everything in a glass and add club soda or sparkling water. Garnish the drink with few mint leaves, lemon slices, and a watermelon slice. That’s it! It’s the best family-friendly mocktail you’ll ever love.
This drink is simply amazing! It is light, fresh, sweet, and has all of your favorite flavors of summertime.
- 3 cups Cubed Watermelon
- 4 tbsp Sugar, adjust to the sweetness of your watermelon
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
- 3-4 Lime Wedges
- 500 ml Club Soda or Sparkling Water
- Ice Cubes
- Place chopped watermelon in a blender jar and purée. Sieve it well. Set aside.
- In a bowl or a jar, muddle together lemon wedges, mint leaves, and sugar such that mint leaves are bit bruised.
- Using 4 glasses, add ice cubes, mint-lime mixture, watermelon purée, and club soda or sparkling water. Mix them very well.
- Garnish with mint, lime slice, and watermelon slice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Home Chef Tips: Adjust sweetness according to your liking. You can use any fruit of your choice instead of watermelon. For an adults-only version, add 1 ounce of rum to each glass and mix well.
We hope you enjoy this Virgin Watermelon Mojito recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Dhwani from Cooking Carnival, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Drinks Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!