Colorful and delicious, this Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels Appetizer is so simple to make for tailgating. Flavored with a cream cheese filling and your favorite veggies, these small bites are the perfect healthy appetizer!
At a party, appetizers are my most favorite thing. Among all of the small bites on the table, finger-foods or bite-sized appetizers catch my attention more than anything else. They are mini versions of a food made into the perfect size so that you can enjoy them guilt-free without going overboard. Today’s recipe, Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels are the perfect party-sized appetizer loaded with tons of flavor and deliciousness. The best part is, they couldn’t be simpler to make!
Let’s talk Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels toppings!
These roll ups can be completely customized with your favorite toppings and can be filled with just about anything. Some of my other favorite toppings include:
- Chopped broccoli,
- Shredded red cabbage,
- Bell peppers,
- Meat lovers can add meat to add more flavor.
The possibilities and choices are endless. You can create an array of these appetizers filled with assorted flavors and arrange them on a platter. Talk about deliciousness, variety, and color!
The spread makes these Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels shine!
The creamy base is a spread of cream cheese, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. There are other variations too that you may prefer.
- Yogurt + ranch dressing (liquid)
- Cream cheese + dry ranch dressing mix + mayo
- Cream cheese + ranch dressing (liquid)
All of the above combos pair perfectly together in these pinwheels.
Not only do these Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels taste amazing, but they are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Assemble everything, roll, and tightly wrap them individually in a plastic wrap. Store in your refrigerator. Just before serving, slice them up and serve.
This makes a unique and flavorful party appetizer that is guaranteed to please a crowd. If you are thinking of serving this appetizer platter at a large gathering or at an office potluck, double the recipe as these roll ups will disappear even before you know it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 packet store-bought, dry ranch dressing mix
- 6 spinach and sun-dried tomatoes flour tortillas, 3 of each
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup finely-chopped red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch mix in a bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Work with one tortilla at a time. Spread tortilla on a surface and generously layer the base with cream cheese spread (starting from the center and working your way towards the edge).
- Layer veggies evenly on top.
- Finish with shredded cheese and starting from one side, start rolling the tortilla tightly. Seal the edges with a little cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap individually in a plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Chill for an hour. Just before serving, slice the roll ups and create a yummy platter!!
Home Chef Tips: Do not go overboard with the veggies. Do not overfill the rolls. The more you stuff your tortilla roll ups the more likely you are going to get air pockets and mess up the whole thing. If that happens, no worries. Unroll the whole thing, remove some of the toppings, and re-roll to get the perfect pinwheel design. Slice just before serving to prevent drying of the rolls.
We hope you enjoy this Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels Appetizer recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Ruchi from Ruchis Kitchen, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our appetizer section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!