This healthy Veggie and Cheese Club with Avocado Spread is a really fast lunch idea that’s super satisfying. Veggies and cheese piled high on whole grain bread with a homemade spicy avocado spread instead of heavy mayo.
Really Fast Veggie and Cheese Club with Avocado Spread
Why make the trip to your favorite deli and pay gourmet deli prices at lunchtime when you can make this healthy and satisfying Veggie and Cheese Club with Avocado Spread at home in minutes for a fraction of the price? This delicious club is reminiscent of one of our favorite deli sandwiches, but instead of the $7 price tag, our sandwich only costs about $2 to make without ever leaving the house! Whole grain bread is slathered with a homemade spicy avocado spread, then glorious cheese and fresh veggies are piled high for a crispy, creamy taste sensation that’s lighter than most other sandwich options out there. We love turning to sandwiches at lunch time because they are highly customizable to suit anyone’s taste. Don’t like lettuce? Use spinach leaves instead. Not fond of sprouts? Just leave them off. Not a fan of provolone? Use cheddar instead. The choices are endless!
- For the Avocado Spread:
- ½ jalapeno
- ½ small onion
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 medium-sized avocados
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- For the Veggie and Cheese Club:
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 3 slices provolone cheese, or a mix of cheeses of your choice
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- Avocado Spread
- For the Avocado Spread:
- Blend pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, and dry mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Smash avocado and lime in a bowl with a fork.
- Hand mix avocado and lime mixture with blended ingredients.
- Use immediately or store in an air-tight container (with a slice of onion in it to keep it fresh) in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- For the Club Sandwich:
- Spread avocado spread on the inside of both slices of bread.
- Layer tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, lettuce, and sprouts, then cover with the other slice of bread.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Veggie and Cheese Club with Homemade Avocado Spread as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, find more like it by visiting our 30-Minute Meals section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!