These make-ahead Turkey Sausage Spinach Egg Muffins are great for a healthy breakfast on the go. Add your favorite toppings for a delicious meal that is better than anything you can order from a drive-thru.
These Turkey Sausage Spinach Egg Muffins are very easy to make ahead of time and can be popped in the microwave when you’re ready. They are also very versatile. You can basically put anything in or on top that your heart desires. My heart desires turkey sausage crumbles, spinach, bacon, avocado, feta, and salsa. I held back adding a million other things that I love such as ham and cheese, roasted peppers, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, zucchini, etc. I know that any of those things would be delicious as well!
Turkey Sausage Spinach Egg Muffins Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this recipe for Turkey Sausage Spinach Egg Muffins. They are easy to make, I love how smooth my morning goes with them, how filling and nutritious they are, and obviously how delicious they are! You can even eat them plain or with a little guacamole spread on top if you need to get out of the house quickly.
Basically the sky is the limit when it comes to customizing this recipe. If you have picky eaters, you could make them all different. I have a few kids who will not eat spinach if they see it, so I leave it out of a few muffins. Luckily they haven’t figured out the little green dots in their smoothies yet. I have one daughter who is obsessed with sour cream, so I just spread some sour cream on top of hers and she’s happy. Do what works best for you and your family and I promise these will be a new favorite!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or any other milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup freshly chopped spinach
- 1 cup turkey sausage crumbles
- Sliced avocado
- Feta or Cotija cheese crumbles
- Crumbled bacon
- Salsa or fresh pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Generously grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in onion, tomatoes, spinach, and sausage.
- Pour mixture into 12 equal muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until egg is cooked all the way.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before removing them.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
Home Chef Tip: Prepare egg muffins ahead of time. Let cool, place on a baking tray, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a zippered plastic bag and store in the freezer. Reheat in microwave before serving.
We hope you enjoy this Turkey Sausage Spinach Egg Muffins recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Kristen from Fueling a Fit Family, as much as we do. If you love this make ahead recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our On The Go Breakfast section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!