Create a simple deli-style meal at home with this amazing Turkey Bacon Apple Deli Sandwich. Just 5 ingredient, 572 calories, and only 20 minutes of your time deliver the best budget-friendly meal you’ll ever enjoy!
I love going to authentic, deli-style restaurants and ordering their freshly-made sandwiches. We have a restaurant in my hometown that has been open for 80 years. They are still serving authentic, deli-style sandwiches with meat piled high on freshly-made bread. They have been serving these sandwiches the same way for all of these years. When you have something perfected, why change it? Just thinking about those sandwiches makes my mouth water!
Save money with a deli-style meal at home!
Of course, all of this quality doesn’t come cheap! Their prices can definitely make you do a double take! Luckily, it isn’t hard to save some money by making an authentic, deli-style meal at home! Lately, I’ve been enjoying this Turkey Bacon Apple Deli Sandwich served with a side salad and I wanted to share the recipe with you!
A budget-friendly meal with quality ingredients!
While there isn’t much mystery to what the the ingredients for this sandwich are (they are turkey, apple, and bacon!), there are some important considerations to making this sandwich a success.
They key to making delicious sandwiches at home is in finding quality ingredients. This is certainly true for this deli sandwich. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Turkey: Make sure you get freshly-sliced turkey. I like my turkey for this sandwich to be sliced a little on the thick side, definitely not shaved!
- Bacon: Make sure you grab some quality bacon that you can cook nice and crispy. You really don’t want soft bacon on this sandwich.
- Apple: There are a lot of different types of apples that could work on this sandwich, so you could most likely use whatever your favorite is. We used Gala Apples that we had just picked from a local orchard!
- Bread: I used freshly-baked multigrain bread. I brushed the bread with olive oil and cooked the slices on a hot skillet for about 5 minutes. You can certainly use any bread that sounds good to you!
Add some extras and make it a meal!
I topped my sandwich with some mayonnaise, but you can add any condiments according to your taste. A nice stone ground mustard would work well on this sandwich. You could even introduce a cheese to compliment the other ingredients. A nice soft cheese like Brie would work great!
I served my sandwich with a nice light salad, topped with sliced almonds and fresh tomatoes. I drizzled it with a Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing for the perfect lunch combination!
Now you can have an authentic, fresh, deli-style meal at home with this Turkey, Apple, and Bacon Sandwich. Save money and time and enjoy this delicious, light lunch!
- 2 slices freshly-baked multigrain bread
- Thick sliced turkey
- 2 strips bacon
- Apple, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Lightly brush the bread with olive oil and cook on a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the apple into 3 thin pieces.
- Apply mayonnaise to the bread.
- Pile on turkey, apple, and bacon.
- You can top the sandwich with the tomato slices or serve them on the side with a salad.
Home Chef Tip: Serve with a side salad, some chips, or a cup of soup for a full deli-style meal at home.
We hope you enjoy this deli sandwich recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Joe from Father and Us. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Sandwich Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!