These Tropical Island Burgers will make you feel like you are on vacation after biting into a sweet Hawaiian bun, grilled pineapple slice, mango and strawberry salsa, and a teriyaki flavored beef patty.
Grilled Tropical Island Burgers
I love the sweetness of these Tropical Island Burgers. I chose to use a honey teriyaki sauce for my burgers and mixed it straight into the ground beef as well as using it as a condiment. For even more sweetness, I added a grilled pineapple slice and a scrumptious mango and strawberry salsa. Yum!
Biting into one of these burgers, I can almost feel the ocean breeze on my face. My first memories are of growing up in Hawaii. My little friends and I were able to pick fresh mangoes and pineapples which could be found pretty much any way you turned. Every time I get a whiff of those tropical flavors, I get a burst of childhood happiness.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can prepare the patties and the salsa ahead of time. In fact, doing this is a good idea so that the flavors can really infuse together. Plus, preparing the patties and salsa in advance make these burgers come together relatively quickly. Here’s a tip: if you don’t want the salsa to be too spicy, make sure to rinse off the jalapéno before dicing it up or just leave it out completely.
My husband loved these burgers. He ate three out of the four that I made! Is there any better way to tell that someone enjoyed your recipe? I will definitely be grilling up some more this summer. I hope you enjoy these Tropical Island burgers as much as we do!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki sauce (plus more to drizzle)
- 1 medium mango diced
- 1/2 jalapéno pepper, diced
- 3-4 small strawberries, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 sweet hamburger buns
- For the burger patties: Combine the ground beef, ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce in a bowl. Mix well and form 4 burger patties. Set aside
- For the mango salsa: Combine the mango, jalapéno, strawberry, red onion, and cilantro into another bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare your grill.
- Grill the burger patties and the pineapple rings until well done (about 10 minutes).
- To assemble the burgers, place a piece of lettuce on the bottom bun followed by the patty, pineapple slice, a spoonful of mango salsa, a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, and top with the remaining bun.
Home Chef Tip: If you don't want the salsa to be too spicy, make sure to rinse off the jalapéno before dicing it up or just leave it out completely.
We hope you love these Grilled Tropical Island Burgers from SoFabFood Contributor, Jordan from Jordan’s Onion, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!