Tilapia with Guacamole and Tomato Salad: A Low Sodium Dinner Idea
Tilapia fillets are a healthy dinner option, but this light and flaky fish can be really bland if you don’t spice it up enough and pair it with the right garnishes and side dishes. This heart-healthy recipe for Tilapia Fillets topped with Guacamole Tomato Salad served with a side of steamed green beans, potatoes, and red peppers is a flavorful and delicious meal that your whole family will enjoy. This meal is so simple, it can be ready for the dinner table in around 30 minutes!
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 6 thawed tilapia fillets
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 sprig of cilantro, chopped into tiny pieces
- Set tilapia, tomato, avocado, and cilantro aside.
- Mix the rest of your ingredients together for the marinade.
- Place 6 tilapia fillets in a baking pan and coat with half of the marinade. Set aside.
- Mix the diced avocado, tomato, and cilantro in a bowl and toss with the remaining marinade. Place in the refrigerator.
- Bake tilapia in a preheated oven at 350º for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, top with the guacamole salad, and serve.
Packed with protein and vegetables, this quick and healthy dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen but you still want to put something delicious on the table. If you love this low sodium recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our low sodium section. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!