Make these all star Lemon Lime Jell-O Shots in lime peels with this easy-to-follow recipe guide. Lemon Jell-O and Vodka chilled together in a lime peel for the ultimate party drink.
If you’re looking for the ultimate party drink, we’ve got you covered with these amazing Lemon Lime Jell-O Shots in lime peels. Nothing lights up a party table or a party guest’s face more than an incredible cocktail and delicious party snacks. These Lemon Lime Jell-O Shots are both, and you can’t go wrong with that. These jiggly shots are made with a Lemon Jell-O and Lemon Vodka mixture that is chilled in hollowed out lime peels for the perfect fiesta experience. The hardest part is hollowing out the limes, but we have a few tips to help you out with that.
Start by cutting your limes in half and removing the pulp. That part can be tricky, but it’s not really that bad if you follow these steps. Before cutting in half, roll the lime on your countertop to loosen it up. Cut, squeeze out the juices, use scissors to cut along the outer skin first, then use a spoon to get out the pulp, then peel the last remaining bits with your fingers.
Once your lime halves are all cleaned out, place each half in a damp paper towel lined muffin tin so that they stand up and hold the Jell-O while it sets.
Once you mix your Jell-O mixture (you can make these with vodka or with just water in case you have kids at the party too), spoon it into your limes, set the tray in your refrigerator and wait 4 to 5 hours until they’re set. Cut them in half carefully, and you have the ultimate party drink and snack!
- 6 large limes
- 1 box lemon Jell-O
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 cup lemon vodka
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Roll the limes on the countertop until they feel tender, then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Juice the limes and set the juice aside.
- With your finger, a spoon, or scissors, remove all of the pulp and skin from the lime peel (the cleaner the better).
- Place lime halves on moist paper towels in a muffin tin, open end up.
- Mix Jell-O with boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Add vodka and lime juice and stir to blend (if you are making non-alcoholic Jell-O "shots", just replace these 2 ingredients with cold water).
- Carefully spoon the Jell-O mixture into the lime halves, filling completely as the Jell-O will shrink up a bit.
- Place in refrigerator for 4-5 hours until set.
- Remove from refrigerator, carefully slice halves in 2 so you have nice lime wedges.
- Serve cold.
We hope you love these Lemon Lime Jell-O Shots as much as we do. If you enjoyed this fun recipe, be sure to visit our Cocktails section to help you out at your next party. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!