Learn how to make this all star, simple to make Ultimate Cuban Sandwich recipe as a delicious lunch that will tantalize your taste buds!
The Cuban Sandwich has a lot of history as to how it arrived in the states, specifically Florida.
A Cuban Sandwich is a variation of a ham and cheese sandwich that was often made in cafes catering to Cuban workers in the early Cuban immigrant communities of Florida: Key West and Ybor City, Tampa. Later on, Cuban exiles and expatriates brought it to Miami where it is also still very popular. The sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and sometimes salami on Cuban bread.
To make this simple and delicious sandwich, you’re going to take a loaf of Cuban bread and brush one side with yellow mustard and the other with butter, then you will begin to add your roasted pork. If you cannot find roasted pork, take a boneless piece of pork and place in the Crock Pot for 5 hours on low.
The next step is layering very thin slices of honey ham.
Next, layer the pickle chips and the swiss cheese.
Top the sandwich with your bread and place it on a grill or in the oven on low just until the cheese melts.
This quick and simple sandwich is perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 2½ lbs roasted pork
- 1 lb thinly sliced honey ham
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 1 lb Swiss cheese
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Yellow Mustard
- Roast your pork or cook in Crock Pot for 5-7 hours until it falls apart.
- Slice your Cuban bread in half.
- Spread butter on one side of the bread and mustard on the other.
- Lay down a good amount of roasted pork on one half.
- Then layer the honey ham.
- Next add pickles along one side.
- Top with Swiss cheese.
- Top with other half of the bread.
- Place on grill on low heat until the cheese begins to melt or place in oven and do the same.
We hope you love this simple recipe for The Ultimate Grilled Cuban Sandwich as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop by our Lunch section for even more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!