Totally worth the wait, this ultimate recipe for Almond Biscotti delivers crunchy Italian cookie perfection that’s amazing paired with your morning coffee.
Almond Biscotti is one of my favorite cookies. This crunchy cookie is baked twice and is great paired with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
If you are hosting a party, this Almond Biscotti is perfect to make. Dip the cookies in semi-sweet chocolate and coat them with coconut shreds, chopped almonds, or pistachios. Surprisingly, these decadent cookies are easy to make. If you follow this recipe, you should come out with scrumptious crunchy goodness. Also, you can tailor the recipe by replacing the almond extract with lemon or vanilla extract. You can also add dried cranberries or assorted nuts. This recipe is customizable. Let us get into how to make these Almond Biscotti Cookies.
- 2 Cups and 2 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond Syrup or Extract
- 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of chopped roasted almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt.
- Then beat one egg at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn the speed to low and add the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth and clump free.
- Add the chopped almonds into the batter and mix.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured, clean surface.
- Do not worry if the dough is still sticky. Have ¼ cup of flour right by you, and knead the dough on the surface and slowly incorporate some of the flour as needed. Kneading is just folding dough many times until it is smooth. Knead until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Split the dough into two and shape them into a log.
- Place the dough logs onto a greased cookie pan.
- With a rolling pin, smooth the tops of the logs to straighten them.
- Place the pan in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 310ºF.
- Transfer the cookie logs onto a cutting board and let it cool for 6 minutes.
- Cut the cookie into half an inch wide slices.
- Place the cookies face down on the pan and bake for 12 minutes on each side.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before dipping them in chocolate.
That is it! Enjoy these Almond Biscotti cookies with a hot beverage of your choice.
We hope you enjoy this delightful recipe for Almond Biscotti Cookies from SoFabFood Contributor, Arwa from Créme Rose, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious dessert idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!