You’ve just come across the Best Low Fat Ranch Dressing recipe you’ll ever try. Simple to make, this creamy, thick, and delicious dressing delivers authentic ranch flavor, but lower in fat.
We love Ranch Dressing, but we try to keep things light around here. Low-fat, store-bought brands just don’t deliver the authentic ranch flavor we love so we scoured the internet for a Low Fat Ranch Dressing recipe that tastes like the original. Most of the recipes we found use Greek yogurt so we tried that, but that just wasn’t the flavor we were going for. Instead, we took bits and pieces from other recipes and came up with this amazingly creamy Low Fat Ranch Dressing that’s perfect on salads, as a dip on a party platter, or anything else that you use traditional Ranch Dressing for. This dressing is very simple to make and store in the refrigerator to pull out whenever you’re having a craving!
- 1½ cup low fat buttermilk
- ⅔ cup low fat sour cream
- ⅔ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dill
- 1½ tsp parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chives *optional*
- In a mixing bowl, whisk buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise to desired consistency.
- Stir in spices.
- Place in an air-tight container (Mason Jars work great) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Store in refrigerator using the expiration date of the buttermilk as the expiration for the dressing.
We hope you love this Low Fat Ranch Dressing recipe as much as we do on salads, burgers, vegetables, and more. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!