These delightfully indulgent Tahini Cookie Cups are filled with Tahini Chocolate Ganache and finished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Ready in just 30 minutes, these cookie cups are what you need when you’re craving the perfect bite-sized dessert!
Tahini Cookie Cups + Tahini Chocolate Ganache
Let’s talk about these Tahini Cookie Cups with Tahini Chocolate Ganache filling. This cookie dough was so good, I had to restrain myself from licking the mixing bowl clean. The recipe for the cookie dough is an adaptation of my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies, but with tahini in the batter of course. I love using an ice cream scooper to divide up cookie dough and cupcake batter. It’s the perfect tool to create the perfect portions.
I’m a sucker for a mini dessert. Honestly, who can resist a cute mini cookie cup? Especially when it’s filled with ooey gooey tahini chocolate ganache. This recipe may sound fancy, but it is so approachable and easy to make. Since the ganache is made with tahini and not cream, you can store the cookies at room temperature in an air tight container. The ganache will thicken over the course of a few hours or overnight, so they will transport easily if you need to take them to a work potluck or pack them up for gifting.
These cookie cups taste even better the next day when all the flavors have had time to meld together. The perfectly soft cookie cups with the thickened but still soft ganache, it’s a delicious treat that’s full of delicate sesame flavor.
I know you have a jar of tahini in the pantry left over from the last time you made hummus. So what are you waiting for, get baking!
- 2 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 ounce tahini
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Melted butter or nonstick cooking spray for pan
- 4 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounce tahini
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and brush 20 cavities of a mini muffin pan with melted butter or coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl and whisk to distribute evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combined cooled melted butter with tahini and brown sugar, beat for 1 minute until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, and beat for another minute until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to divide the dough into 20 portions and place in the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the middle oven rack.
- Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack.
- Immediately use the back of a teaspoon to press down on top of the baked cookies to create cavities for the filling.
- Leave the cookies in the pan until cool enough to the touch before removing them.
- For the filling, melt chocolate and tahini in a small sauce pan over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted almost completely, but still has some small grains, remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- When ganache is cool but still pourable, fill the cookie cups and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top.
Home Chef Tips: If using raw sesame seeds, toast them in a small skillet or nonstick sauce pan for a few minutes over medium heat stirring frequently until they are just lightly browned. For the ganache, I used mini semisweet chocolate chips, but it will also work with chocolate baking bar, melting wafers. You could also use milk chocolate or white chocolate chips if you prefer.
We hope you love these Tahini Cookie Cups with Tahini Chocolate Ganache from SoFabFood Home Chef, Trang from Wild Wild Whisk, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful mini dessert, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!