What’s not to love about this farmers market Swedish Grilled Chicken Radicchio Salad? A light weeknight meal with fresh ingredients topped with maple syrup vinaigrette. Meal prep the grilled chicken ahead of time for delicious lunches all week long.
Impress guests with this farmers market salad!
I’ve been a fan of Scandinavian cuisine for a long time now. Nordic people sure know how to make even the simplest dish taste special. Beside their scrumptious seafood recipes, they often use ingredients that we don’t bother to stock up on in the states. Take this Swedish Grilled Chicken Radicchio Salad recipe. I don’t know about you, but despite the fact that I’ve seen it so many times in the grocery stores, this leafy vegetable was a rare guest on my table.
A healthy, fresh combo packed with unique flavors!
Moreover, I never even thought to combine it with healthy blueberries or chicken. Since I just love experimenting with ingredients, I’m so glad I tried this fantastic combo. You know what? You definitely should try it too. This Swedish Grilled Chicken Radicchio Salad comes out incredibly juicy. Packed with nutrients, radicchio adds a bold flavor, and walnuts give a nice crunch. Blueberries with mint cut through the slightly bitter taste of radicchio and contribute to a burst of freshness in your mouth. Who wouldn’t want that?!
The Swedish Grilled Chicken is perfect for meal prep!
For the added protein, I grilled chicken breasts until just ready. I used my stovetop grill, but you can definitely cook it outdoors. To make sure the chicken is perfectly cooked, I recommend using a meat thermometer. It’s one of those staple kitchen gadgets every home chef needs!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 12 oz radicchio, leaves roughly chopped into wide strips
- 5 oz fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the grill pan on the stove, lightly brush it with some oil and turn the heat to medium. Let it heat for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and rub it with a spice mix.
- Place chicken on a grill and cook untouched for 4 minutes. Flip chicken to the other side and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Place grill pan into the oven and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF, about 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest before slicing into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place the walnuts on a lined baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine radicchio, blueberries, walnuts, and grilled chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette and drizzle over the salad.
- Just before serving, garnish each plate with fresh mint.
Home Chef Tip: You can also grill the chicken on the outdoor grill. To do that, preheat your grill on a medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes until the temperature is in the 375ºF-450ºF range. Place chicken on the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway. Cook until juices run clear or internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
Love this grilled salad? Pin it for later!
We hope you enjoy this Swedish Grilled Chicken Radicchio Salad recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Iryna from Lavender and Macarons, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Salad section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!