Super Foods Blackberry and Banana Smoothie with Yogurt
With the hustle and bustle of our busy weekday morning schedules, we often find it difficult to make sure that we grab a healthy breakfast to start our day off right after getting everyone else fed and out the door for school or work. For this reason, we often turn to healthy smoothie recipes to curb our morning hunger, give us energy, and get an amazing start to our busy days. This Blackberry and Banana Smoothie made with fresh fruit and yogurt is one of our favorites and it takes less than 5 minutes to make. This is one Super Foods Smoothie that you need to add to your morning smoothie rotation to give you the energy you’ll need to tackle your busy day!
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled
- 1-6 oz container plain greek yogurt
- 5 ice cubes
- 3 tbsp soy milk *optional for a thinner smoothie*
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse 3 times.
- Blend on medium setting until all ingredients are combined and to your desired smoothie consistency.
- Add soy milk and blend if you'd like a thinner smoothie.
- Drink immediately or store in a closed Mason Jar in the refrigerator the night before and drink in the morning.
This smoothie not only tastes delicious, but it also houses a lot of health benefits in that one 8-ounce glass.
- Blackberries not only taste delicious, they are incredibly good for you. They are rich in Vitamin C, have a high level of antioxidants, help promote tightening of the skin (that’s right, natural anti-aging), help regulate the digestive system, and the Vitamin K levels can actually help alleviate menstrual cramping.
- Bananas are doctor recommended to help lower blood pressure, promote heart health, and regulate the digestive system.
- Yogurt contains Probiotics, or “good” bacteria, that our bodies need to help aid in digestion and maintain overall health.
That’s a lot of healthy stuff going on there and you can make this smoothie in no time making it the perfect busy week morning breakfast. We hope you love this Super Foods Smoothie recipe as much as we do. To find more recipes like this, visit our Breakfast section, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. Enjoy!