Head to the farmers market and grab a bushel of strawberries because you need to make this 4-Ingredient Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette to top your favorite summer salad. Your fresh, healthy dinner awaits!
We love all the fruit-based dressings during the summer. Making your own salad dressing from scratch is easy and the flavor is far better than store-bought dressings. Plus it is healthier for you as it doesn’t contain any artificial preservatives.
There are 3 basic ingredients to make a vinaigrette base:
- Acid – You can use any acids such as apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, or balsamic vinegar.
- Oil – You can use any oil of your choice. Extra virgin olive oil gives a better taste.
- Sweetener – Use any sweetener of your choice. I prefer agave.
Fresh Strawberries from the farmers market?
Today I’d like to share a delicious strawberry balsamic vinaigrette before the strawberry season is over. I love to enjoy strawberries while they last! My family favorite recipes are Strawberry Cobbler, Strawberry Salsa, Strawberry Jam, Strawberry Chocolate Mousse, and Strawberry Lemonade. Strawberries have always been my favorite fruit.
You’ll love this 4-ingredient vinaigrette!
You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make this dressing. Simply add your fresh strawberries in a jar with any sweetener, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Blend it until liquefied. Put it in a refrigerator for 20 minutes and it’s the best vinaigrette for your summer salads.
Keep these things in mind while making this dressing:
- Use fresh strawberries (not frozen).
- A good quality of extra virgin olive oil is a must.
- You’ll want to use a good quality balsamic vinegar.
I love this dressing on Spinach, Quinoa, and Walnuts. I always keep the salad simple for this dressing.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries - cleaned, green leaves removed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender, add strawberries.
- Add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Blend on low speed until everything is blended well.
- Refrigerate it for 20 minutes before using.
Home Chef Tip: If your strawberries are not sweet, adjust the maple syrup quantity. Add salt and pepper if you wish. Stays good up to 4 to 5 days in refrigerator.
We hope you enjoy this Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Dhwani from Cooking Carnival, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Salad Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!