Serve the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert this year when you make this simple 5-Ingredient St. Patrick’s Day Peppermint Mousse. Creamy, green, and delicious, this dessert pairs perfectly with your traditional Irish meal.
Mousse is a favorite dessert in our house and this peppermint white chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert to share during your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday that we love to really get into! We celebrate with green clothes, drinks, and usually make a home cooked traditional Irish dinner with a sweet dessert to cap off the night.
With winter passing us by, time to think about St. Patrick’s Day desserts and plan this years’ celebrations. Do you know how your family will be celebrating this year? Besides going to see the parade and an Irish meal, we’ll definitely be serving this St. Patrick’s Day Peppermint White Chocolate Mousse!
I’m happy to be able to share the recipe here on SoFabFood with you today. It’s a fun and simple recipe; and you can even get the kids involved! You don’t need any special kitchen appliances; a simple handheld mixer is all you’ll need to make this mousse.
Follow the recipe below to make this delicious dessert. One tip I found incredibly helpful is to keep the white chocolate chips together while melting them in the sauce pan. The clump seems to melt better than if you spread them out.
The great thing about this St. Patrick’s Day Peppermint Mousse is that it’s very easy to make and you can serve it any time of year. It will always be a hit at your gatherings. I find it fun to serve this mousse in mini-shooter glasses, and our guests always love it that way too.
- 1¼ cup white chocolate baking chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- Add ½ cup of heavy cream and 1¼ cup of white chocolate chips to a sauce pan and heat on low, stirring continually until the chips are melted and you have a smooth mixture.
- Add peppermint extract and 6 drops of green food coloring, continue to stir until the color is consistent.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining 1½ cups of heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and 8 drops of green food coloring, beat until you have stiff peaks.
- Fold in cooled white chocolate mixture with a spatula until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for two hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
We hope you love this St. Patrick’s Day Peppermint Mousse recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Andrew of Scappy Geek, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!