Sip on this Spicy Bloody Mary Infused Water with the bold flavors of tomatoes, lemons, limes, and the distinct kick of jalapeño peppers. You get all the taste of your favorite brunch cocktail in a refreshing, non-alcoholic drink with health benefits.
Staying hydrated is important, but drinking plain water can get boring. Skip the bland glass of water and give your H2O a kick with this Spicy Bloody Mary Infused Water recipe. Adding healthy ingredients to your water keeps things interesting and helps to quench your thirst throughout the day.
Spicy Bloody Mary Infused Water Health Benefits
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. Tomatoes are rich in anti-oxidants, Vitamins A and C, folic acid, and beta-carotene.
- Lemons – Lemons are acidic and their alkaline-forming properties help restore balance to the body’s pH levels. Lemons have beneficial antibacterial properties too. Experiments have shown that the juice of lemons can destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid, and other deadly diseases.
- Limes – The citric acid in a lime is an excellent fat burner. A glass of water with the juice of one lime has only 11 calories. Drink this instead of high-calorie fruit juice drinks and you will see slimming results.
- Jalapeño Peppers – These fiery peppers contain a chemical known as capsaicin which is what gives peppers their hot properties. Capsaicin is also good for helping you lose weight, and is commonly found in many weight loss pills and supplements.
- 4 cups purified water
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 organic lime, sliced
- 1 organic lemon, sliced
- 1 organic jalapeño, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together, let steep 10-15 minutes. Chill if desired.
Home Chef Tip: If you are afraid of heat, de-seed the jalapeño!
We hope you find this Spicy Bloody Mary Infused Water Recipe useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.