This easy Soba Noodle Bowl recipe makes for an effortless, quick, and healthy weeknight meal. This dish uses chicken for protein, is delicious and filling, and won’t make you feel quite as guilty as eating a bowl full of a creamy pasta.
For those of you who don’t know a whole lot about soba noodles, they are made from buckwheat flour, and have a nutty flavor that works well as a base for stir-fries or salads. They offer an alternative to wheat pasta for all of us who follow a gluten-free diet! Soba noodles also offer beneficial manganese and fit into calorie-conscious diets. They are great for weeknight meals because they cook in about 4 minutes. For this Soba Noodle Bowl, I threw in roasted broccoli, hardboiled eggs, roasted chickpeas, chicken, and some crispy onions to top it off. Extremely delicious! Not only are soba noodle bowls easy to make, they are great to get rid of things in your fridge. Try this recipe with any of the following combinations; seared ahi tuna, glazed salmon, fajita-style vegetables, or turkey meatballs!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted chickpeas
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 chicken breast (precooked)
- Crispy onions for garnish
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Place your precooked chicken and broccoli on an oven-safe pan. Drizzle your broccoli with the EVOO and salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
- While this is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the soba according to the package. (Usually around 4 minutes. These noodles cook very fast.) While the soba is cooking, slice your hardboiled egg.
- When the soba is cooked, rinse in cold water and drain well. Add a little bit of butter in order to prevent the noodles from clumping. Put everything into a bowl and serve!
- Parmesan, hot sauce, or soy sauce make really great additions for more flavor if desired!
We hope you love this Soba Noodle Bowl recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Taylor from Lights Camera Catwalk, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!