Weeknight dinner can be a struggle at times, but it doesn’t have to be with this Slow Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Chicken dish. Pure comfort food in a one-pot meal. With just 15 minutes of prep time, this Crock Pot Chicken is a delicious cheap healthy meal!
A cheap healthy meal for a busy weeknight dinner!
This past week has been crazy! We just got back from week long vacation in Mexico. Once we got home, it felt like a mad house! Dinner time often gets overlooked on weeks like this past one, and that is why I love my slow cooker. It makes dinner time a breeze in the hustle and bustle of life.
Crock Pot Chicken is the best chicken!
Today I spent 15 minutes making dinner, and that included the time it took me to wash my slow cooker insert from dinner the night before. Crock Pot cooking can be fancy, or it can be as simple as chicken breast in a simple sauce. My ideal slow cooker recipe is quick, healthy, and something my son and husband will eat.
This meal was absolutely fantastic! Sun dried tomatoes happen to be one of my favorite vegetables! I love the texture and the flavor. Paired with basil and a creamy sauce, let’s just say you have an award winning meal!
Definitely give this recipe a try! It will quickly become a new family favorite!
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and place in skillet. Brown chicken on each side for 2 minutes and place on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add chicken stock, sun dried tomatoes, and basil.
- Cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through completely.
- Add heavy cream and serve.
Home Chef Tip: To make this meal even more budget friendly, you can use chicken thighs instead of breasts. Just be certain to cut down on the cooking time if the thighs are significantly smaller than the breasts.
We hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Chicken recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Oxana from Style at a Glance, as much as we do. If you love this easy dump dinner, you can find more like it by visiting our Slow Cooker Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!