This elegant Skinny Spa Salad features a mix of tender spinach leaves, romaine, blueberries, pineapple, and grapefruit paired with quinoa and fresh parsley. Top it with a spicy green dressing for the perfect, healthy lunch option.
This Skinny Spa Salad is bursting with flavor and color. This raw Skinny Spa Salad is just in time for the spring weather that will be coming upon us soon. Just by adding beneficial ingredients to your salad, you can really amp up the nutritional value of this superfoods salad. Some of our Superfoods ingredients are:
- Blueberries contain fiber, potassium, folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruits, vegetables, spices, and seasonings.
- Avocados are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid. Avocados are loaded with fiber which aids in weight loss. Studies have shown that eating avocados can improve heart disease risk factors. As an added bonus, they are also high in antioxidants.
- Spinach is a nutrient-dense food that is low in calories but high in essential vitamins and is said to improve your overall health with powerful antioxidant protection.
- Grapefruit is low in calories and is a good source of fiber which helps keep you fuller longer than other fruits. Since grapefruits have a high water content, they help to hydrate your body.
- ½ cup of Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup of Spinach
- ¼ cup of Blueberries
- ¼ cup of Grapefruit
- 2 Hard Boiled Egg Whites, sliced
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- ¼ cup mixed nuts like sunflower seeds, almonds, and pepitos
- ⅛ cup Red Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Pineapple, diced
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Chop all of your ingredients.
- Mix all together.
- Add your choice of dressing.
We hope you love this healthy Skinny Spa Salad recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Salads Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!