You absolutely need to try these 2 Simple Kitchen Hacks for Storing Bananas. Stop throwing away unforgotten fruit; keep these frugal tips handy so you know how to speed up ripening and keep fruit fresh longer.
Do you love Kitchen Hacks as much as we do? Are bananas your favorite fruit because they are so good for you? Then you absolutely need to try these 2 Simple Kitchen Hacks for Storing Bananas. Bananas are a healthy source of fiber, potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and various antioxidants and phytonutrients. If you are like a lot of us, sometimes you leave bananas on the counter, and before you know it, they turn brown and inedible. If they’re green, then you have to wait for them to ripen. These simple kitchen hacks will help you enjoy perfectly ripe bananas every time.
2 Simple Kitchen Hacks for Storing Bananas
- How to Keep Bananas from Turning Brown – This is a nifty trick! Keep bananas fresher, longer by wrapping the end of the bunch with plastic wrap. Even better, separate each banana and individually wrap each banana end. The plastic wrap blocks ethylene gasses from releasing out of the stem, consequently ripening the fruit too fast.
- Speed Up Ripening – Don’t want to wait for that banana to ripen? Use a brown paper bag! When fruit is tossed into the bag, concentrated ethylene gas helps it ripen faster. Putting the fruit in a loosely-closed paper bag traps the ethylene gas inside and accelerates ripening.
Looking for more Kitchen Hacks?
- Never eat an under or over cooked hard boiled egg again. Try this simple kitchen hack for making and peeling the perfect Hard Boiled Egg every single time.
- It’s not just an old wives’ tale; you really can Stop a Pot from Boiling Over with Wooden Spoons. Learn how to quickly stop a pot from boiling over and avoid the dreaded mess!
- Don’t buy the cut up papaya at the store just to save time. This quick and simple Kitchen Hack teaches you how to easily cut a papaya, saving you time and a lot of money!
- Learn how to preserve your fresh herbs with this simple Kitchen Hack. Make Frozen Herb Butter in ice cube trays and never waste fresh herbs again.
We hope you enjoyed this easy kitchen hack! Be sure to come back often because we have a lot more tricks up our sleeves that we’ll be sharing soon. You can also find us on Facebook and get some recipe inspiration by following our boards on Pinterest. Enjoy!