Make your own Shrimp Burgers with Remoulade Slaw at home with this simple recipe. Natural, jumbo-sized, tail-off shrimp shaped into an irresistible patty, grilled to perfection, then topped with homemade remoulade slaw.
It is a special treat to serve your family and guests shrimp burgers! These Shrimp Burgers with Remoulade Slaw are made with jumbo-sized shrimp and topped with remoulade slaw. We like adding red onion, a tomato slice, and lettuce on top of the remoulade slaw. Serve these scrumptious burgers up with a side of baked fries and a slice of lemon for a flavorful and satisfying meal everyone will love.
- 1 slice whole wheat sandwich bread, torn into large pieces
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise with olive oil
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Add bread into a food processor and process until course.
- Add into a large bowl.
- Place shrimp into processor and process until just before the shrimp is course.
- Add shrimp into the bowl with the bread crumbs.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix until firm.
- Divide shrimp mixture into 4 equal patties, roughly 1" thick patties.
- Cover and refrigerate the patties for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up a non stick skillet or grill.
- Cook until edges turn pink, and burger looks golden on one side, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn over and cook 3 minutes or until done.
Don’t forget the slaw! These Shrimp Burgers are very flavorful on their own, but if you want to kick the flavor sensation up a notch, you’ll definitely want to make this Remoulade Slaw to top your burgers.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped pickles
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Zatarain's Creole Mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One bag shredded slaw
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the bag of slaw until all ingredients are well blended.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
We hope you enjoy these recipes for Shrimp Burgers and Remoulade Slaw as much as we do. If you love this delicious meal idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!