Whip up this quick and easy Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo recipe then add a sprinkle of feta cheese for a delectable side dish or a tasty lunch on the go!
Autumn has always been my favorite season by far, and this year is extra exciting since I finally have my own apartment and kitchen to cook all the comfort food I can possibly eat. Speaking of comfort food, I think I’ve found the perfect recipe for chilly fall nights. This Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo recipe is warm, savory, cheesy, and packed full of delicious vegetables and nutrients so you can feel good about it too.
Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo Recipe
This orzo pasta dish combines a tart lemon flavor with sharp pepper and just a hint of sweetness for a totally unique and savory flavor combination that just melts on the tongue. It pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or works great on its own as a pasta salad. If you’re looking for an even easier option with some extra protein, add tofu or shredded chicken to the mix for a savory pasta bowl.
The best part about this Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo recipe is that it’s relatively easy and quick to make, which is perfect for a busy gal like myself. I love to whip up a big batch of this stuff for dinner, then eat leftovers for lunch the rest of the week. If there’s one thing I love more than comfort food, it’s leftover comfort food!
I’m completely obsessed with this Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo recipe and honestly think I’ve made it like five times in the past month. It’s funny to think that up until a couple years ago, I had no idea that orzo pasta existed and was still under the false impression that I hated squash. The more you know, right? Now I can’t get enough!
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 cup of orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dice pepper, zucchini, and squash. In a large bowl, combine diced vegetables with corn and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping with a spatula every 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are in the oven, boil a pan of water and add orzo. Bring to a gentle boil and cook according to package, or about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drain orzo and combine with dressing and roasted vegetables. Top with feta cheese crumbles.
Home Chef Tip: This recipe is great warm or cold! I usually eat it warm after it's freshly made, then store leftovers in the fridge and eat it as a cold pasta salad for lunches.
We hope you love this Roasted Vegetable Lemon Pepper Orzo from SoFabFood Home Chef, Elizabeth from October June, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Lunch section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!