This easy Roasted Beet Hummus recipe has seasonal, freshly roasted beets, warm cumin, tahini, and chickpeas. Enjoy this appetizer with your favorite chips or pita bread and don’t forget to share!
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! I am a hummus fanatic and we make hummus as a snack or pre-dinner appetizer in our home regularly. We love beets and this Roasted Beet Hummus recipe incorporates those lovely beets with a family favorite, hummus.
Just look at that bright, hot pink color! Make this show-stopping appetizer for Game Day, the holidays, or any gathering. It is visually appealing as well as pleasing to your taste buds.
This Roasted Beet Hummus has warm cumin, a bite of fresh garlic and tahini, toasty beets, and it’s topped optionally with roasted sesame seeds. This recipe is very flexible; you can add more or less of any of the ingredients to adjust to your flavor palate.
This Roasted Beet Hummus goes with your favorite tortilla chips, pita bread, or cut veggies. You can also use it as a spread in a sandwich or on toasty, fresh sliced bread.
Roasted Beet Hummus Recipe
Here are some step-by-step photos for making this Roasted Beet Hummus:
Roast beets as per instructions in the recipe card below.
Gather all your ingredients in your food processor: roasted beets, drained chickpeas, cumin, 1-2 cloves garlic, tahini, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pulse until blended, adding the chickpea water until you get the texture and consistency that you want. Add more salt and pepper to taste if you’d like.
Spoon the Roasted Beet Hummus into a serving bowl.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil and toasted sesame seeds (optional). You can serve right away or chill and serve later.
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, drained and save the chickpea water
- 1/2 cup roasted beets (1-2 fresh beets, approx 2 1/2 cups, before roasting)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Use 1-2 beets, washed and skinned with stems and root tails removed.
- Cut into 1/2 inch pieces and toss in a bowl with 1 tablespoon regular, olive oil, 1/2 tsp Kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper until coated.
- Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes or until tender and roasted.
- Put drained chickpeas, 1/2 cup (or more, if you wish) roasted beets, tahini, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Add the chickpea water gradually until desired texture and consistency is reached.
Home Chef Tip: To get super smooth hummus, you can remove the chickpea skins/membranes if you wish.
We hope you enjoy this Roasted Beat Hummus recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Appetizer section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!