Fluffy, creamy, fruity, and beyond delicious, this easy Raspberry Mousse is a fresh, vibrant, and healthy dessert that will delight your family and surprise you with its simplicity.
Raspberry Mousse: A Healthier Dessert Parfait
It’s springtime! Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and nature is awakening. Remember that healthy eating New Year’s resolution? I know you had one, right?
Well, with the arrival of spring, there is no better time to start eating healthier and better-for-you food than right now. In fact, with a great variety of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables that already hit the shelves of the grocery stores, making a healthy food choice is a lot easier this time of year.
Let’s talk about desserts; in particular about desserts that are easy, light, and mouth-watering. What is the first thing that comes to your mind? Let me give you a hint. Think mousse, soufflé, and parfait. You know what is common in all these names? These are all desserts that require minimal efforts and taste delectable. With the right amount of ingredients, it’s so easy to make them healthy, light, and absolutely perfect for spring.
Today, I’ve got an awesome dessert recipe that will keep your healthy eating resolution going. It’s a luscious Raspberry Mousse; it’s creamy, light, and decadent. Expect to taste an earthy silkiness in every spoonful.
Most mousse recipes contain a heavy whipping cream as an ingredient, which definitely adds an extra airy feature to a dessert. But since we’re talking about healthier and lighter calorie desserts, I omitted the heavy whipping cream part and substituted it with a cream cheese. And to balance out the tastes and flavors, I added a layer of fresh berries that brought an extra zesty bite and paired perfectly with roasted crusty nuts and the whipped raspberry cream cheese layer.
So, if at any time of the day, you feel like you need a healthy sweet treat, give this fluffy and light Raspberry Mousse a try. Simple, yet mouth-watering.
- 8 oz cream cheese at a room temperature
- 4.5 oz fresh raspberries + 4.5 oz mixed fresh raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a sealable plastic bag, combine walnuts and cashews. Close the bag, and using a rolling pin, crush the nuts until they resemble a fine meal. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Transfer nuts to a parchment lined baking dish and roast for 30 minutes, stirring them every 7 minutes.
- Remove nuts from the oven, add 1 tablespoon of honey, and stir to combine.
- Take 4.5 oz of fresh raspberries, and using a fine-mashed strainer, eliminate the seeds.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, strained raspberry puree, 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whip until the mixture is fluffy.
- In the prepared serving glasses, spoon half of the roasted nuts and pipe half of the raspberry cream onto the nuts. Garnish with a generous layer of fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- Before serving, chill in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
We hope you love this simple Raspberry Mousse recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Iryna from Lavender and Macarons, as much as we do. If you like this fun recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert recipes. Enjoy!