Enjoy your favorite fall flavors any time of year when you whip up these Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats. Drinking these refreshing treats will make you feel like you have the best of two worlds with every sip!
Fall might be right around the corner, but most of the country is still battling warmer temperatures. Many of us look forward to the season of pumpkin-flavored everything, especially the drinks! The only problem is choking down a steaming hot cup of whatever pumpkin drink you love best when it’s still super hot outside. Luckily these Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats will cool you off, while giving you the fall flavor fix you’ve been craving.
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats Recipe
Wondering how you can enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats recipe year round when pumpkin is such a seasonal item? The answer is simple syrup! While you can definitely use fresh pumpkin to make the flavored simple syrup in this recipe, the canned stuff works just as well. In fact it’s quite a bit easier than cutting and roasting a fresh pumpkin.
To simplify these Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats even more, use a pumpkin pie spice mix in the simple syrup rather than making your own. If you wish, you can make your spice mix from scratch with a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice, and cloves if you have them on hand.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2+ tsp pumpkin pie spice, adjust amount for desired taste
- Plain or vanilla sparkling water
- Vanilla or cinnamon flavored ice cream
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, combine water, sugars, pumpkin purée, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, stirring frequently, until sugars dissolve.
- Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly, approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth into a glass jar.
- Cool strained syrup completely.
- Add 1-2 tbsp pumpkin syrup to a tall glass.
- Add 2 scoops ice cream to glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Freeze simple syrup in ice trays. Add to iced coffee or chia tea for a pumpkin flavored kick.
We hope you love this Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Floats recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this fall-inspired recipe, be sure to stop by our Drinks section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!